Our client, a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change is looking to recruit for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
At community level they work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level, they work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions and seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Job Title – Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager (1)
Station – National Office (Lusaka)
Reporting lines: Chief of Party
The monitoring and Evaluation Manager, under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, will provide overall supervision for high quality monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the organization, ensuring that the project maintains its strategic focus and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs, outcome and impact, in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E Manager provide supervision to National Office and Regional MEL officers to ensure achievement of the following:
Supervising evidence collection, contributing to designing and implementing the MEL activities of the USAID Stop-GBV Project; preparing Quarterly/semi-annual/Annual reports on project progress and monitor the project activities on a regular basis to meet reporting deadlines; supervise the development and maintenance of the Management Information System (MIS) of the USAID Stop-GBV Project; and supervise the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish
• Establishing, modifying and monitoring Key Performance Indicators to report and record physical progress for specific programs and projects
• Oversee regular project progress reports and collaborate with the Deputy Chief of Party to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative and financial donors’ reports
• Lead in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
• Define and implement suitable Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects
• Manage and lead a team of M&E officers defining their responsibilities in order to support programmatic activities and ensure agreed deliverables are met
• Keep abreast with innovations and developments in data management and analysis and suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams
• Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Analyse changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
• Implement and participate in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
1) Full Grade twelve 12 Certificate;
2) Minimum of a Post Graduate University Master’s degree in social sciences: Economics/Business Administration, Social Work, Statistics, Demography/Population studies, project management or related field;
3) A minimum of Five years of work experience in the design and implementation of MEL/MIS in development projects at management level;
4) Experience with statistical analysis and word processing, database and graphical software;
5) Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time;
6) Fluency in written and spoken English plus excellent communication skills is required;
7) Experience working on a gender/GBV and USAID reporting systems program is an added advantage;
8) Affiliation with the Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association (ZAMEA) and related association is an added advantage.
Method of application:
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter, and two samples of your best work in form of written reports to the email address below, before 26 April, 2019: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are the right candidate
Visit our website http://www.ksm.co.zm and open a Job seeker account to apply for the Position, or Download our Recruitment App from Google Playstore: THE RECRUITER KSM or send your CV to email@example.com
OR Send your CV in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A JOB SEEKER
1. Go to www.ksm.co.zm
2. Click on RECRUITER from the main menu
3. Click on MY JOB SEEKER ACCOUNT under LOGIN HERE (on your right if you are using a desktop/laptop)
4. Below the login form, click on DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT?
5. Register your account and fill in all information
6. Create your CV and filling in the RESUME form and COVER LETTER. Do not forget to upload a copy of your CV.
7. While logged in, navigate to the Job opening you want to apply for and Apply
If you have any challenges, feel free to Call: 0961 079013 (Strictly for User Technical Support) for Support on how to Register on our website and apply
APPLY NOW. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KSM - Connecting People to Jobs and Jobs to People...