What our clients say
KSM. Thanks for taking your time to network and empower HR practitioners without putting your monetary gain first. May God bless your works. May God take your consultancy to a different level.— Veronica Lumbo
You are doing an excellent job to the people. thumbs up— Kennedy
Our client, a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change is looking to recruit for the position of Technical Advisor - Legal.
The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
At community level they work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level, they work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Our client is also an inclusive employer, Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply and females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Our client seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Job Title – Technical Advisor - Legal (1)
Station – National Office (Lusaka)
Reporting lines: Deputy Chief of Party
The law is an integral aspect of the USAID Stop GBV Project therefore, the Technical Advisor - Legal under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, will provide counsel on legal matters and ensure adherence to the legal statutes and provisions in achieving the set objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Technical Advisor – Legal will be responsible for:
- Conducting legal analysis and research on various legal matters of the USAID Stop GBV Project;
- To provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents;
- To be actively involved in preparing and drafting of different acts and legal submissions and draft the authoritative legal opinions on the various undertakings of the project;
- Working with other members on particular projects such as fundraising, policies and procedures, taxes, etc.;
- Ensuring that the legal documents and other contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed, interpreted and vetted;
- Providing professional support and advice to the USAID Stop GBV team;
- Advises whether all the proceedings of the organization are in compliance with the requirements of the legislation;
- Supervises, analyzes and researches the implication of laws, legislation, etc., that may affect the organization;
- Conduct regular reviews of all company practices and processes to make sure that the corporation is working within all legal limits. This duty requires that Legal Advisors understand all legal regulations pertaining to the Stop GBV project;
- Advises the organization so that there is minimum legal exposure and liability;
- Analyzing corporate policies and practices for adherence to laws and regulations;
- Process GBV Court Cases; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of party.
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
· Full Grade twelve 12 Certificate;
· Minimum of a University Bachelor’s degree in Law;
· A minimum of 3 years of work experience in the Media Industry;
· Strong written and oral communication;
· Critical thinking, organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to equilibrate priorities and organize work effectively to meet deadlines;
· They should excel in areas of time management, negotiation, goal-setting and deadlines;
· Experience working on a gender/GBV and USAID reporting systems program is an added advantage;
· Legal Advisors should be strong team players who demonstrate above-average leadership skills. They should have the ability to work with little or no supervision;
· Discretion in handling confidential matters;
· Excellent judgment and ability to anticipate legal issues or risks; and
· Proactive approach to problem solving.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter, and two samples of your best work in form of written reports and a completed application form to the email address below before 24th May, 2019.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE) and an inclusive employer, Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply, qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
You can download the completed application form here> http://www.ksm.co.zm/human-resource-services-zambia/downloads/Job%20Application%20Forms/Application%20Form-Technical%20Advisor-%20Legal%201.docx/download.html
Send your CV in MS word format to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for or register apply on our website http://www.ksm.co.zm. Download our Recruitment App from Google Playstore: THE RECRUITER KSM.