Executive Secretaries and Personal Assistants 3 Days Master Class
11 - 13 October, 2017 | Freshview Hotel, Siavonga
This challenging and enjoyable Executive Secretaries and Personal Assistant workshop has been developed to stretch the EA and PA skill-set and broaden your objectives and personal brand. This course allows secretaries and Administrators to practice essential soft skills such as influencing skills, presenting ideas to management, project management and win-win negotiation through practical case studies and exercises.
EVOLVE WITH THE CHANGING DEMANDS AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE ROLE.
The Advanced Executive PA Masterclass presents a managerial perspective on the Executive PA, EA and senior secretary and Administrator role. It is essential development training for PAs who would like to be first class business partners to their bosses. Being relevant and effective to your boss is what drives organisations.
This course will explore the changing duties and objectives of the modern Executive PA role, techniques for adding significant value and maintaining continuous professional development. An EA or PA is the neck the controls the head, you play a strategic role in getting things done in your organization. Learn the art of execution whilst playing a supportive and influential role.
- Learn practical strategies that will make you a valued expert to the business
- Gain proven methods and techniques for managing your boss, your time and your performance
- Develop robust communication strategies that will dramatically enhance the quality of your interactions with others
- Learn robust problem solving and decision making techniques that are essential for your business
- Understand how to add significant value to your manager and leverage the unique personal skills you bring to the table
- Gain insights into how to use your personal impact and influence within the organization to get things done
- Learn the state of the art project management skills that every PA or Executive Assistant must possess
- Learn how to clear the pathway for your Boss in executing his targets
- Learn how to be a strategic winner and influencer.
- Make the shift from Executive PA to an Executive Business Partner
- Understand what your boss expects from you without being told
- Improve your professional relationship with your boss and others
- Understand how to prepare for the arrival of a new boss and how to orient executive members of staff and the Board
- Understand how to effectively organize your workflow and appointments without a flow
- Discover project management and party planning techniques that will make you shine
- Maximize your value in the organisation using performance management techniques
- Work effectively with communication styles and methods that drive organizational effectiveness
- Learn effective diary and email management strategies using various tools
- Learn how to be Confident, Assertive and Driven without causing offence to others
- Refine techniques for influencing management
- Build practical win-win negotiation and sales skills
- Rebrand – know how to Brand yourself. Your dress, your walk and your speech should speak for you.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
- Administrative Assistants
- Executive Secretaries
- Senior Secretaries
- Personal Assistants
- Executive Assistants
- Office Managers
- Any other individuals that are in a front facing role or Public Relations or Customer service role
DAY 1: UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE
- Developing and Broadening the PA Role
- Expanding and Branding Yourself: Going Above and Beyond Expectations
- Widening the Managerial Aspects of the PA Role
- Competencies of the Modern PA
- Effective Management of Work Flow
- Exercise: Complete a personal SWOT analysis based on the assessment outcomes
- Business communication and modern business writing
- Customer relationship management
- Presentation development and skills
- And more
DAY 2: OPTIMIZING THE RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR MANAGER
- Establishing Common Objectives/Priorities
- Understanding and Synchronizing Expectations
- Building and Managing the Relationship
- Maximizing your Value Relative to the Manager
- Partnering with your Boss to win
- Project Management
ORGANIZING PROFESSIONAL MEETINGS
- Planning for the Meeting
- Preparing the Agenda
- Techniques to record the Minutes (MOMs)
- Improving the Effectiveness of Meetings
- Post Meeting Actionable
- Managing Visitors and Improving Customer Service
- Approaches to Screening of Visitors
- Catering to Internal and External Customers
- Handling Complaints Professionally
- Making your Department Customer-Friendly
DAY 3: TIME & STRESS MANAGEMENT
- Problem solving and innovation
- Managing your manager
- Time management and prioritization
- Emotional intelligence
- Exercise: Assess and understand your social style
- Stress management
- Performance and execution management
DR. KELVIN MOYO SOKUNI
With over 22 years work experience in senior strategic HR management roles, Dr. Kelvin Moyo Sokuni was recognized and honored as an AMBASSADOR OF PEACE by the governing body of the Interfaith Peace-building Initiative and the Committee Leaders of the Golden Rule International for being a pioneer in providing corporate training to organizations and uplifting the standards and skills of people in society, for being SELFLESS in providing assistance to many and for being a leader in various institutions including the Church and many other institutions where he has been appointed as Board member. His work precedes him. This same Award has been conferred on more than 14 Presidents including Dr. Kenneth Kaunda the 1st Republican President of Zambia
Dr. Sokuni is a Fellow of ZIHRM, an accomplished and solid HR Practitioner who has previously worked for Zambia Revenue Authority in various HR Portfolios, he worked as Head of HR for Telecel (MTN) Zambia, Dunavant - Zambia Ltd as Head of HR and as Director Human Resource for Barclays Bank Zambia Plc. A holder of a PhD, Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Bachelor Degree of Business Administration, Diploma in Human Resource Management and various management qualifications. Dr. Sokuni currently owns and runs three (3) companies under the umbrella of KSM GROUP. He is an accomplished ENTRENUER, founder and CEO of KSM MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS LTD – An HR Solutions Provider, FAST DEBT MANAGERS LTD – A Debt Management Firm and JALITHS PROPERTIES LTD – A property management firm. Dr. Sokuni is an effective Entrepreneur who brings with him a solid wealth of experience in HR Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Performance Management, Corporate Team Building Facilitator and is effective in handling complex Union negotiations. Dr. Sokuni is a sought after speaker at various conferences and fora.
MRS. TAMENJI E PALALE
Tamenji is a Professional Administrator with a forte in teaching and training. She subscribes to schools of thought that adopt a long-term view to training and development that requires a change in human behavior. She is a Founding Partner at TaMuunda Group of Companies and heads its training subsidiary Acumen. Tamenji is also a Franklin Covey Delivery Consultant and regularly facilitates workshops in their world-renowned performance improvement solutions. She possesses recruitment experience and has made placements in various organisations from front office staff to CEO level. She has also led mystery shopping surveys on behalf of corporate clients to improve on their customer service delivery.
On the social front, Tamenji is a regular speaker at LAGH (Ladies After God’s Heart) a Northmead Assembly of God Church Ministry to girls aged 14 to 24 years and is the founder of “Saturdays with Aunt Tamie” a Culture and Etiquette class for girls aged between 8 and 12 years.
EARLY BIRD OFFER
10 % Discount on bookings and payment made 10 work days before the event date. Enroll 3 participants and get the 4th at 50% Discount.
FEES: K4, 500 Per delegate (inclusive of teas, lunch & certificate)