Understanding Zambian Labour Laws: Managing Discipline and Termination of Employment Contract, February 2018, Zambia
21-23 February, 2018 | Intercontinental Hotel, Lusaka
UNDERSTANDING ZAMBIAN LABOUR LAWS: MANAGING DISCIPLINE AND TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS
This workshop will give you hands-on experience to understand the new key legislation and review your organization’s Disciplinary and Grievance procedures to comply with the Zambian Labour Laws and best practice, and how to manage employee relations.
Participants will learn and perfectly interpret the following:
• Understand what has changed in the Labour Laws
• Understand the correct interpretation and application of the new labour Act
• Understand how to amend the contracts of employment to align with the new labour laws.
• Understand the impact of new labour laws to the employer and the steps to take to align with the labour laws
• Develop and implement an effective disciplinary and Grievance Code that is fully compliant with Zambian Labour Laws
and responds robustly to business needs
• Manage employee absence and unpaid leave; and Confront and manage poor performance
• Conduct effective disciplinary meetings and accurately document proceedings and outcomes,
• Avoid being sued for Discrimination, Constructive Dismissal or Wrongful Dismissal
• Answer the question, Should the defendant be allowed to record and have a copy of the minutes of the Disciplinary
• Understand how you can legally terminate a contract of employment for non performing employees
• Understanding the new definitions of who a casual, temporary, seasonal, fixed term and permanent employee is.
• Understand how you can employ these categories of employees without falling into troubles with the law.
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Get 10 % Discount on bookings and payment made 10 work days before the event date. Enroll 3 participants and get the 4th at 50% Discount.