Procurement and Supply Chain Management - workshop, 2017, Ndola
28 - 29 September, 2017 | The Urban Hotel, Ndola Golf Estate, Ndola
Procurement and Supply chain management is an area most governed and a lot of organizations are putting pressure on the department to deliver in a most transparent and risk free environment. If not well managed, this area can cost organizations huge sums of money. The microscope is on the people managing the department.
Procurement practitioners need to scale up and rise to the challenge of being the best in class in procurement and supply chain business. The pressure is on. There is therefore now a growing need for the development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all materials, equipment, goods and services. This has become a critical issue in Zambia and the focus on best –practice-cost-reduction strategies is even high.
Organizations are looking for individuals that are going to lead and practice professionalism in procurement and in reducing operating cost while improving the overall quality and organizational effectiveness and productivity. This workshop explores key techniques forming the basis for procurement and supply chain management providing cutting-edge procurement and supply chain management techniques.
In this fast-paced business world, we need to learn how to design and develop high performance procurement and supply chain techniques. Participants to this workshop will;
- Achieve a thorough understanding of what Procurement and Supply Chain Best Practices are
- Develop acumen needed to successfully implement the procurement processes and methods needed to reach world-class performance levels
- Provide an overview of key drivers involved with supply chain and logistics / demand environment
- Explain what procurement and supply chain management fundamentals are and be able to apply key techniques in controlling cost, time and the movement of goods and materials to the last Users
- Provide practical skills to take back to the workplace to enable delegates to change current methods and activities Training Methodology
- Participants will increase competencies through a variety of instructional methods, lectures, exercises, group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts and techniques to be facilitated by experienced practitioners and consultants
Over the two days, delegates will maximise their benefits by meeting the following course objectives;
- Understand what strategic procurement is
- Identify and develop strategic organizational supply chain and procurement objectives
- Learn best practices procurement and supply chain
- Review and learn new techniques on how to obtain best pricing
- Learn how to develop spend analysis
- Develop a functional and cross-functional view of the supply chain
- Break the silos and start working with all departments in the effective supply chain and procurement management
- Review Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive the Procurement department and learn how to develop your own KPIs
- Learn methods that are aimed at improving contractor / supplier engagement and performance
- Have a grasp on the ability to lead, plan, and manage the procurement and supply chain process
- Have a greater sense of professionalism and being able to contribute effectively to the organization
- Increase Procurement departmental recognition and impact due to improved personal effectiveness, visibility and involvement.
- Be able to systematically and consistently provide improvements to the process and adopt new ways of doing things
On this day participants will learn Procurement as a Dynamic and Interactive System, Develop Strategic Procurement Decisions and Implementing the Tactical Procurement Decisions with focus on;
• An overview of the procurement process
• Developing the Strategic Procurement Plan
• The System Approach vs. the traditional Functional Approach
• What is the goal of Procurement?
• Procurement as part of the Supply Chain process
• Considering the Make or buy decision
• Understand what Vertical Integration is
• Developing Alliances and partnerships
• Inter-company trade – How it works
• Reciprocity and counter trade
• Supplier and coordination strategy
• Understanding The Procurement Organisation
• Supplier involvement
• Value analysis and Quality Assurance
• Supplier Rating, Ranking and Selection
• Contract management
• IT systems and e-Procurement
• Implementing effective Procurement and Supply Chain Policies and procedures
• Effective Succession Planning and Staffing the Procurement Department
On day two Participants will learn how to Deal with Operational Procurement, Decisions Making, Contingency Procurement management and Understanding Logistics and the Supply Chain management;
• Selecting the most appropriate ordering process
• Addressing quality issues
• Expediting, Follow-up and Closure
• How to manage Overdue Orders
• Effective Management of the Tender Process
• Managing a seamless payment process
• Reducing the cost of procurement: small and large value purchase orders management
• Procurement Risk and Governance
• Appreciating different contingency situations and what Contingency management is
• Definitions of logistics and Supply Chain management
• Understanding the Supply Chain dynamics
• International and Global Logistics Management
• Supply Chain Operations Reference Models (SCOR)
• The Theory of Constraints (TOC)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Contract, Purchasing, and Procurement personnel, Project Managers, Engineers, Operational Personnel, and those involved in the planning, and execution of purchases and contracts
- Those involved with Supplying, Buying, Purchase, Logistics, Materials and Supply Chain Professionals
- All involved in the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency and transparency in these activities
- Those who need to develop their understanding of Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Those who are looking for business gains and benefits from managing their supply chains more effectively
ABOUT THE LEAD FACILITATOR
Mr. Jones J Kalyongwe is a well known consultant both locally and intentionally who holds a MSc Degree in Supply Chain Management from the University of Bolton-UK in this degree E-Business Strategy and Models and Supply Chain Strategy were some of the core subjects. A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management from the University of California in Petaluma - USA and a Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply-UK. He is the first Chartered Fellow in Africa and the most Senior Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply - UK.
Mr. Kalyongwe also sits and serves on the current Zambia Public Procurement Authority Technical Committee of the Board and the TEVETA Audit Committee of the Board. He is also a past President of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply and the Zambian branch of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply –UK. And he is also a Researcher at the University of Zambia.
FEES: K3, 500 Per delegate (inclusive of teas, lunch & certificate)
EARLY BIRD OFFER
- 10 % Discount on bookings and payment made 10 work days before the event date.
- Enroll 4 participants and get the 5th at 50% Discount.