10 - 11 August, 2017 | Radisson Blu Hotel, Lusaka
Becoming a first-time manager is one of the most challenging and overwhelming career transitions an individual can face. The success or failure of the new manager depends on his first few days. Either you learn good manners or Bad ones. Knowing what makes a new manager successful in his position breaks the failure line. Promoting a high-performer without the proper management skills can have serious consequences for both the individual and the organization. This course is specially designed for first-time managers who want to develop management excellence by developing a solid foundation in self-management and motivation, coupled with a set of highly effective, practical tools and performance techniques to coach, lead and manage their teams with ease and confidence. TRAINING OBJECTIVES At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of developing themselves and the concept and practical application of emotional intelligence
- Compare and contrast the workplace roles of an individual contributor and a manager, and identify the new mind-set required for making the transition
- Motivate and empower themselves and their teams
- Conduct effective coaching sessions with ease and confidence
- Improve and develop their people management skills, through the application of practical empathy and understanding diversity
- Provide feedback and appraisal sessions
- Delegate effectively
- Create a motivating climate in the workplace through effective leadership behaviour
- Understand Good to Great organisational principles
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
First-time and established managers, Supervisors, mid-level Managers who have transitioned into a new role, New managers wanting to increase their leadership effectiveness, Managers and supervisors who want to reinvigorate and enhance their managerial and supervisory skills and those considering a transition into management level positions.
FEES: K3,500 Per delegate (inclusive of teas, lunch & certificate)
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Get 10 % Discount on bookings made 10 work days before the event date. Enroll 3 participants and get the 4th at 50% Discount.
For more information, bookings and clarification, contact: Phone- 0211 295486;