Scope and location
ZAMBULK Tankers is a leading petrochemical and dangerous goods transporter with offices in Chilanga, Lusaka. We provide cross border transport solutions for customers operating between South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia and the DRC. We operate a fleet of purpose built petrochemical and acid tankers drawn predominantly SINOTRUCK Heavy Duty Truck Tractors.
The Petroleum Industry is a high-tech, sophisticated industry giving the successful candidate the opportunity to develop a lifelong career.
Applications from locally based Zambian Citizens who are suitably qualified and competent with own transport are invited for the fulltime position of
Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
Duties and responsibilities
- Fundamental and comprehensive understanding of Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines.
- Strong mechanical and diagnostic/trouble shooting skills to enable the candidate to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance repairs by inspecting, diagnosing, maintaining and rebuilding diesel engines, hydraulics, drive trains, axles, fuel lines, air brakes and electrical systems
- The applicant must demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide a safe and quality seamless service.
- Confirm equipment is maintained to OEM, Company and Statutory Requirements
- Report any accident damage and abuse of vehicles whilst promoting the service and maintenance of equipment
- Use hand and power tools employed in all phases of heavy equipment mechanical maintenance and repair work.
- He must be capable of lifting arms above shoulder level to install and remove transmission components as well as bend or stoop repeatedly over time
- Identify and Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Carry out oral and written instructions in English with strong verbal and documentation skills to enable the candidate to complete forms, record and report information in standard format as required.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance and operational data by updating schedules and job cards accurately and timeously
- Observe or monitor objects to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards. Follow and enforce the procedures, policies and general legal compliance of the Company
- Capable of reading, comprehension and application of information contained in charts, graphs and manuals. Basic mathematical skills.
- Willing to work independently with minimum supervision in a physically and mentally challenging environments that demands overtime, shift, weekend and holiday hours.
- Attend to on the road breakdowns in isolated and distant areas. Able to assist breakdowns by clearly and concisely communicating via written and verbal means with drivers and mechanics in remote areas
- Communicate in a clear and polite manner with Customers, Suppliers, Management and other Employees
NB: The above points are by no means an exhaustive list of the duties and activities and the incumbent will be required to complete such duties as required by Line Managers and the General Manager.
- Grade 12 School Leaving Certificate
- Certificate/Diploma in Diesel Maintenance or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in diagnosing and maintenance of diesel engines
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems of trucks and trailer/tankers
- Physical strength and stamina to perform heavy duties
- A background in Health, Safety and Environmental operational standards
- A pre-employment medical and drug test is mandatory
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Full CV including the following Documents Covering Letter, NRC, School Leaving Certificate, Further Education/Professional Qualification to be submitted to the following email address email@example.com
Candidates must include residential address and contact numbers in the application
Only Successful Applicants will be contacted