Our client, a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change is looking to recruit for the position of Media Coordinator.
The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
At community level they work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level, they work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Our client is also an inclusive employer, Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply and females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Our client seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Job Title – Media Coordinator (1)
Station – National Office (Lusaka)
Reporting lines: Deputy Chief of Party
The Media Coordinator, under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, will provide overall supervision for high quality develop and implement targeted communications and advertising of program content for a variety of media platforms. They are to research, write, proofread and edit all content, and plan and execute all media and advertising campaigns in line with the project strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Media Coordinator will provide supervision to National Office and Regional offices to ensure achievement of the following:
- Coordinate all Media programs of the organization, ensuring that the project maintains its strategic focus by designing and implementing media activities of the USAID Stop-GBV Project in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the appropriate media content of the USAID Stop-GBV Project;
- Provide support to Internal Communications with media writing assignments and post updates to the organisational website and social media platforms;
- Spearhead the selection of media channels most suitable for the project’s content, negotiate the purchase of advertising space and following up to ensure that advert placement and billing proceed smoothly;
- Conduct research for the Stop-GBV Project and associated issues to maintain a high knowledge base;Coordinate suitably with production and distribution of media material with various departments and stakeholders;
- Update and maintain all press kits as well as media materials as needed;
- Supervise media to ensure that content and coverage appropriately represent the organisation and partners;
- Develop, maintain and manage relations with external audiences, media as well as non-media to convey required message;
- Must follow current market trends and understand consumer patterns.
Qualifications and Core Competencies Required
· Full Grade twelve 12 Certificate;
· Minimum of a University Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing and Advertising or related fields;
· A minimum of 3 years of work experience in the Media Industry;
· Experience with latest trends and innovations in the media industry;
· Ability and willingness to travel at least 50% of the time;
· Fluency in written and spoken English plus excellent communication skills is required;
· Experience working on a gender/GBV and USAID program is an added advantage.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter, and two samples of your best work in form of written reports and a completed Application Form to the email address below before 24th May, 2019.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Our client is an inclusive employer, Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
You can download the Application form for this position here> http://www.ksm.co.zm/human-resource-services-zambia/downloads/Job%20Application%20Forms/Application%20Form-Media%20Coordinator%201.docx/download.html
Send your CV in MS word format to email@example.com clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for or register to apply on our website http://www.ksm.co.zm. Download our Recruitment App from Google Play store: THE RECRUITER KSM.