Our client, an American Fortune 500 corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products. It also services engines and related equipment, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission control, electrical power generation systems, and semi-trucks. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, United States, it sells in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributors and approximately 6,000 dealers. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to design appropriate engines and related equipment relevant to growing and empowering the construction industries.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Job Title – Senior Technical Support Specialist (1)
Station – National Office (Kitwe)
Reporting lines: Country Director - Zambia
The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides technical support and training to clients after the sale of the product, troubleshoots technical problems and may also provide technical training to customer's staff. Recommends product improvements to design in response to customer feedback.
- Supports counterparts in strengthening their relations in customer partnership
- Works with sales force, customers, and potential customers regarding the resolution of technical or engineering issues that affect the sales, installation and utilization of the company's products.
- Proposes changes in products and services that result in cost reductions and increased sales. Provides sales force coaching focused on technical development.
- Evaluates products and solutions based on customer requirements.
- Participates in all technical aspects of the sale. Prepares operating manuals, reference materials or training materials for customers and the sales force.
- Six Sigma certification and involvement to improve customer operating costs and product reliability / durability.
- Mentors and grows less experienced technical support specialists.
Technical requirements and Skills
- Able to work with RASCAL.
- More than 10 years’ experience on Cummins engines in heavy mining environment.
- In-depth Technical understanding of Cummins HHP Engines such as QSK78, QSK60, QSK45, QSK38 and advanced troubleshooting skills on engines.
- Understanding of warranty submission procedures
- More than 10 years’ experience working on HHP engines
- Focus On Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers.
- Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation. Warranty/Policy Support - Has working knowledge of the warranty, extended coverage, and policy programs.
- Is able to evaluate a policy request and determine whether it qualifies or not.
- Has the capability to determine root cause of failure and assign accountability.
- Is able to communicate back to the requestor and handle any questions regarding the decision in a diplomatic manner. Coaches/trains User level employees.
- Manage Customer Disagreements - Can coach others on managing customer disagreements or may be brought in to help resolve difficult situations. Analytical - Able to organize and synthesize data to identify business opportunities.
- Able to analyze data and perform basic calculations (gross margin, net present value, discounting, price elasticity, breakeven).
Education Certifications Requirements: College, university, or equivalent degree in engineering or a related subject required.
Experience: Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
Method of application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for. Closing date is: 12 July, 2019.