Our Client is a a financial services provider which conducts various services which include accepting deposits, operate savings schemes, provides loans and conducts any other banking transactions to suit the different needs of customers. The bank has firmly positioned itself in the market with its unequaled branch network across the country through which, it delivers quality financial services and products at competitive rates.
Our Client now seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Purpose of the position:
The job holder will be responsible for managing the Credit function of the institution relating to all types of lending and will be responsible for ensuring that credit facilities and loans are granted within the institution’s regulations and institution’s credit policies.
- Ensuring that Credit Department adheres to policies and procedures presented in the Credit Policy Manual;
- Ensuring that credit facilities approved are permitted in compliance with the terms of sanction and Credit Policy;
- Ensuring that existing credit lines are monitored to identify problematic accounts that require remedial action and that appropriate action is recommended to the Credit Risk Management Committee;
- Recommending classification for loans and advances according to regulatory provisioning requirements as well as IFRS 9 guidelines and coordinating required provisioning for all identified problematic accounts;
- Coordinating with external and internal auditors in reviewing the institution’s credit risk;
- Submitting periodic reports regarding the status of the loan portfolios;
- Contributing proactively to various risk-related projects and initiatives owing to synergies (e.g. stress testing, IFRS 9 and ICAAP) especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement and sourcing/ management of data for these initiatives;
- Contributing to system implementation projects in the credit risk space (e.g. Credit Management System) by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly about credit risk recognition and measurement;
- Developing and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external and internal stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk Reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management;
- Carrying out the responsibilities pertaining to Board Credit Committee which includes preparation of information pack/reports and responding to data/ analytical requests from the Committee;
- Enhancing and reviewing Credit Policies and Standards in order to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the Bank as directed by the Board.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Banking & Finance/ACCA/CIMA/CFA/Economics from a recognized university. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years relevant post-qualifying work experience in a reputable financing institution.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Able to work with multi-task, prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Analytical acumen and flair for communication
- Strong inter-personal, relationship, organizational and coordiantion skills
- Self- motivated, committed and focused
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Strong Financial Analysis and interpretation capabilities
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative
- Establishing goals and objectives for his/her direct reports.