· To plan, manage and allocate resources for the execution of Information Systems projects in line with the needs of all business units in the organization
· Continuous liaison with Information Systems unit’s department to ensure minimum Security baselines are achieved.
· Conduct Research on security latest trends, plan and implement security solutions and translate the security requirements into a technical implementation plan
· Manage all affairs of governance within IT department e.g. documentation/reviews/amends etc
· Influence IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of corporate data and information on applications
· Work hand in hand with Demand and Project management team to ensure compliance of all IT project.
· Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
· Assessment of security measures, such as firewalls, anti-virus software and passwords, to identify any weak points that might make information systems vulnerable to attack.
· Management of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
· Vendor management
· Liaise with Systems Administrators in respect of operational implementation of policies and security best practices
· Must hold a BSc in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical /Electronic Engineering or a related discipline and professional certification e.g. MCSA, CompTlA Linux+, virtualisation and related Certifications will be considered.
· Must have at least 4 years proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role and extensive working knowledge and experience with Windows server OS, Active Directory Administration, Linux/Unix operating systems and platforms & databases, networks and patch management.
· Must have sound knowledge and experience in Information Security Management of system; vulnerabilities and security issues, and data backup/recovery and root cause analysis techniques.
· Should have the ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language will be an added advantage.
· Good interpersonal relation and leadership principles
· Understanding of customer requirements and market trends Good communication, reporting and presentation skills Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Independent, Organised, Coach and Decision-making